View Single Post

Thread: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

1. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: IC II: DH The Purity of Sacrifice

Marcella

If Marcella was frightened in the situation, she wasn't showing it. A benefit to her willpower was hiding her emotions when she wanted to, as she looked above towards the ceiling - and the apparent explosives lining the inside - with an impassive face, before drawing her eyes back up to Drimmle. The truth was the butterflies were in her guts, ricocheting off the walls of her trim waist like ballbearings - but she knew how important it was to project confidence.

The ornate laspistol. The big guy with the heavy stubber. The detonator. The...Hexogrammic ward! It took all the willpower she had not to smile as if she had seen an old friend. The wards were formidable obstacles, but the Psyker knew they weren't perfect. She wasn't a little 10 year old girl on the Black Ships anymore, someone untrained and unpolished for whom such a deterrent would be assured compliance. This time, she believed, if she needed to, she could overcome.

"So, does Lord Durchiss know that you spoke to us last time?" she asked, her voice a bit quieter, more serious, "because I venture to guess he wouldn't be too happy knowing that you're the weak link in his operation. The Inquisitor was disappointed to learn that Durchiss was involved but, the wheels are in motion. Still, you know how the Lords operate, he'll need a scapegoat, someone to throw to the wolves..." she looked at Drimmle, the implication clear that it would be him.

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    milo sighs and cracks his neck "come get my weapon you big galoot" he says to stubber boy. to the remainder of the party minus orla, he subvocalizes "be prepared to move on my mark."
    Marcella's own voice would slide into the back of Milos head, speaking to him telepathically:

'Don't...he has the advantage right now...you'll get us all killed...be patient...'
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2023-09-21 at 07:50 AM.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger