1. - Top - End - #168
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing: 9 Years since the Last Dragon Age

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOptimists View Post
    Sorry I don't like the things you do.
    No worries!

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOfOptimists View Post
    And it's not so much that I dislike blank slate protagonists. Kingmaker, which I've referenced three times now, is my personal pick for best CRPG and has a blank main character, too. I dislike how Larian's "OC don't steal" characters overshadow the protagonist and make you feel superfluous in your own game.
    They're no Larian, but I'm a fan of Owlcat too. Besides, a rising tide lifts all ships, as the saying goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I'm convinced that the Dark Urge is the intended BG3 custom character, due to them having actual connections to the story and a motivation to keep adventuring (a cliché video game one at first, but it can quickly switch to revenge in later acts). It makes their lacklustre skills rather noticeable (thematic, but Medicine shows up the least of the 'lore' skills and Intimidate is the social skill most players will likely use least).
    Well it's particularly weird because Haunted One in actual D&D doesn't have either of those proficiencies. Moreover, D&D backgrounds give you 4-5 to choose from rather than locking you into a static 2.

I'm hopeful BG4 uses the OneD&D rule of making all backgrounds have mutable proficiencies, much like they removed static racial bonuses prior to release.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2023-10-12 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)