Brankahm looks concerned as the other dwarf expounds on the problem, his expression thoughtful. "So...there's not room below ground for everyone? What happened? Are they all fleeing a new attack? Or are these all lone survivors fleeing from their ruined homes?" he asks, his low rumble of a voice hard to mask. He looks at the tightly crowded mass of people in the home above the earth and grimaces. "You are all at great risk here. We fought troglodytes on our way to you, and much worse could attack if they ever find this place. Without the steady earth to protect you all...well...you know what would happen."

With a sigh the big dwarf steps to the doorway, taking a deep breath and listening for a moment to the sounds of nature nearby. "Perhaps we could help bring enough of the refugees to the Downs?" he poses quizzically, though after a moment he mumbles, "Though I probably shouldn't invite them without talking it over with the gnomes themselves...Franklin! Do the Downs have room for more? Stagni here tells me that they are overwhelmed underground and forced up here due to space. Could we bring some families to the Downs to relieve the burden here? Or is that going to cause other problems? I know the trip would be a challenge..."