Quote Originally Posted by Errorname View Post
BG3 got me into a bit of a CRPG kick and after a bit of debate between whether to do a full Dragon Age or Pillars of Eternity playthrough, I've decided to boot up a new Pillars character. For all my gripes about Pillars worldbuilding I think embracing the Early Modern setting was a really good idea. It's also very funny to me that they cast the same actor as both of your earliest companions, and I respect that Mercer actually pulled off
Huh, I never realised he did both Eder and Aloth. Also I much prefer the Pillars world building to Dragon Age's, the main reason I'm not replaying it is the lack of a turn based mode in the first game.

Got properly stuck into Act 1 of WotR, doing things s little bit differently partially to avoid the slog that is the
Spoiler
Show
Defender's Heart battle.
Somewhat torn between going for Azata or Trickster but I figure I'll unlock both and make the decision later.

Kineticists are slightly annoying because until you get Precise Shot you're basically a support killer. However whenever the enemy actually brings archers or casters I'm very effective at killing off the support. Planning on picking up Fire as my level 7 element, it gives me access to both energy blasts and MAGMA.