Laura takes Shadow's words seriously. 'Maybe you're right, but I guess if we followed through with that it'd be easier to stay away from New Orleans and the Market altogether. I don't know if I can stand to do that yet.' Laura's understanding was that at least they might be safer from the Gentry in New Orleans. 'But if a Hob's like a computer program isn't there a way to deal with them on that basis? Like an anti-virus?' Laura asks the question rhetorically but is suddenly curious if Shadow has an answer to that.
Old Shadow shrugs at the question, pausing to take another gulp of his drink before replying, "Possibly. Not my area of expertise, if you know what I mean." He chuckles at this, though it is a little wet with drink.

Laura will take a long drink before answering the second point. In part so she can hold her nerve. 'Maybe. But I think that depends on finding out whether it's even possible first. No point in even trying if I end up lost in the Hedge.' That brought up a lot of unwelcome memories. 'Still more so if someone comes looking for me the second I cross over. I realise this is a big ask Shadow.'
"It's possible, just very dangerous," Shadow replies, shaking his head. He adds solemnly, "You will need help," letting the statement hang in the air between the two of them.