Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
LCP, let me know if the ingredients are specific enough.
You mean enough to get a +3 each on the Research Results table?

The braziers and the scissors seem clearly linked. The circle of salt and bone dust seems weaker, but you've shown your working, so I'll buy it.

Once I have your green light, I'll secretly write down my estimated casting number, casting time, etc., and you'll write down yours. We can DM them to another player for "safekeeping".
What, you don't trust me?

The RoS ritual rules seem a little vague to me on whether you roll on the Research Time table or not for the first draft. Since the process is already plenty long, I'm going to err on the side of 'not', and say that you're ready to try to cast your first draft at the end of the 1 month it says in that section. If I have my dates right I think that takes you pretty much through to the summer solstice - probably a good time for fire magic.

As well as writing down the secret numbers, though, you'll need to assemble all these ingredients by then (and if you're not counting on succeeding on the first time, you might want to stock up with multiples). It's 2 days' journey to Mirino, a week to Savonne, and almost 2 weeks to Morr's Seat (unless you fancy going by what's left of the desert road). What do you want to get from where, and who do you want to send to get it?

Some considerations:
  • Obsidian is not a material in high demand. If you want the dwarfs to make you something out of it, you'll probably have to find them some first.
  • Depending on the casting time, it sounds like you're going to be burning a lot of books. Books are fairly precious things - you probably won't find someone with that many books to sell outside the city (or maybe one of the big towns), and if you do, they will probably charge a lot.
  • Four tall brass braziers will be heavy and bulky (not to mention the coal) - probably not something that an ingredient-fetcher can carry without pack animals or a cart.