1. - Top - End - #491
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: MitD XIX: The Potted Plant Is Starting To Look Reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Precure View Post
    I don't get it. Whole joke is that they can't tell if the creature is dead or sleeping due to its lack of eyes.
    That's what one panel LDW appears on is about. Otherwise, LWD emotes entirely too much for a Nightcrawler during their presence in the story, and quite, well, likeably.

That supports why it's important for MitD to have eyes.
    The point is, it supports that having eyes is not something we can just take for granted. And Grey Wolf, of all people, has, I believe, in fact said that if there were no eyes visible in the window of the box, they'd have found it more believable that MitD just lied down and is asleep, and treated that as an argument for why his eyes "can't be eyes", so how important that would be is also arguable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky_Schemer View Post
    That was your takeaway?

Do you believe the Snarl, a creature with no anatomy because it's not even a creature, has literal eyes? A literal maw?

How about this, instead. In the Crayons of Time panels, everywhere the Snarl is shown breaking through to the material world, it is drawn with claws. In the desert, where we see the Snarl "live" instead of a flashback, it isn't. We are looking at artistic license, to depict something that can't easily be literally shown, using a "language" that is familiar to the reader.
    The issue with crayon scenes is that they are canonically not showing things exactly as they happened and were. The gods back then were probably not even stick figures to start with. So, until such time as the Snarl is shown to be both not a creature and actually having eyes in the main comic, the comparison with MitD and his eyes rests on a foundation that I'd describe as a tad shaky.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2023-12-05 at 12:51 PM.