So, aside from continuing my third run through BG3, I'm at least for the moment playing a bit of a game that I haven't touched in much too long: BlazBlue: Central Fiction. Took the risk of grabbing the steam version - the only one they updated with rollback netcode for some reason, even though ArcSys put it on the console version of most every other game they retrofitted with it - and at least so far, it seems to run fine on my PC, some screen tearing issues notwithstanding. Though thus far I've only been playing in Challenge Mode, I haven't gone online just yet.

Still, I really need to make a point to revisit my old favorite fighting games like this from time to time, because goddamn does it feel good even just doing Challenge Mode in this again. The gameplay and how it controls just feel right in a way few fighting games do to me, the characters are fun, the combos are still some of the coolest in the genre IMO, and the music. Goddamn, I know SF6's music being mostly lame has made me extra sensitive to this lately, but BlazBlue's music is just so damn good. Not every track of course, and there were some I still had fairly fresh in my mind from using them as training mode music when play BBTag not that long ago, but then I put on random songs like Imperial Code, Childish Killer, or Reppuu that I haven't heard in ages and remember how great they are on top of the ones I remember, and.... damn. Revisiting it like this just makes me remember why I fell in love with the game, and through it the genre, all over again.

I'll definitely need to hop online over the weekend and see how it feels. Granblue Fantasy Versus Rising is coming next week, and I'll probably want to play that as my fighting game for a while, but I want to know if actually playing the steam version of BBCF online is feasible for me. I sure hope it is.