1. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What Are You Playing: 9 Years since the Last Dragon Age

So last night I played BlazBlue: Central Fiction's ranked online for a couple of hours. Now, I don't know if anyone else has ever tried to play ranked in an ArcSys game not named Dragon Ball FighterZ more than a month or two after release, but if you have, you know how astonishing that is. Normally ranked mode in those is a wasteland after the initial release window, and everybody just plays in the lobbies/player matches. I didn't even go into ranked expecting to find anyone, I just figured I might as well turn on ranked matchmaking while I was in training mode practicing a little bit before going to player matches, see if I got lucky and there was someone else doing the same. And it's not like I'm playing the game because some event's happening that brought me back to it, rollback was added to it almost two years ago now, and the devs are otherwise long since done with it. There's just enough people playing it that I could get a decent variety of foes in ranked, seven years after its release. That's amazing and I love it. This needs to be something I come back to regularly, holy crap.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanBruce View Post
    Just finished the DLC for Final Fantasy XVI: Echoes of the Fallen.

It’s a short campaign- about three hours long. And it takes place right before the final main mission in the game. You take on the role of Clive once more and have Joshua, Jill and Torgal along for the ride.

I enjoyed the new area. The encounters were slightly more difficult than before (I realized at the very end thst I was playing on FF Mode, so that may have spiked the difficulty). The last encounter was surprisingly difficult and took me a few tries to learn its moves and counter accordingly.

They will be releasing a longer DLC come Spring which deals with Leviathan, as clearly shown in the trailer. It was fun going back to Valisthea for a few hours and wreck things up. You evfn get Cloud’s Buster Sword for purchasing the DLC, which may or may not fit the setting.
    Good to hear. I'm personally waiting on the Leviathan DLC to drop and then I'll play them together - doing the Leviathan one first so I have Echoes of the Fallen left over to actually use Leviathan's abilities during. Though I have to say, missed opportunity on their part that the DLC doesn't involve making Jill and Joshua playable. Even more so than the Leviathan moveset, getting to play as other characters would've been a big draw for me there.

Meanwile, I am currently getting ready to (read: reinstalling the game) play God of War: Ranarok's new DLC, Valhalla, which just dropped. I'd be more excited if it weren't a roguelike mode, but eh, it's free, and if Hades' combat and writing can carry that gameplay style for me, I'm sure God of War's can.

Edit: And I misunderstood the release date, it's tomorrow, not today. Oh well, at least I'm all set up for it.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2023-12-11 at 05:46 PM.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis