View Single Post

Thread: Sea of Stars - OOC III

1. - Top - End - #833
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC III

This has been the greatest week of Macharius' life, even with the whole "almost got eaten by a daemon" thing. Being saved by the Emperor and then honored by a Space Marine chapter? I'm not sure a more personally meaningful reward is even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    To recap:
    - You accepted a quest to go to an absurdly haunted planet and poke it with a stick.
    - On the way, you accidentally activated a Thousand Sons relic, summoning the Heresy-Era version of Ahzek Ahriman, who got into a fight with the modern version of himself on board your ship.
    - You took exception to this and decided to also fight Modern Ahriman. After the fight, you found out who Heresy-Era Ahriman was, and immediately armed him with considerable knowledge of events he hadn't experienced yet just to see what he would do with it.
    - He was understandably upset to learn that his Legion had fallen to Chaos, and vowed to put a stop to this given the chance. You decided this was a capital idea, and offered to help him see it through.
    - Upon arriving on the haunted planet, you poked it with a stick and discovered it was indeed super haunted for realsies. Investigating further, you learned this was because the center of the planet was a warp-corrupted Eldar future prediction device turned time machine.
    - Deciding that this absolutely could not in any way stand, you kicked in the door and challenged a Keeper of Secrets to come have a go if it thought it was hard enough.
    - it was not hard enough
    - With the daemon vanquished, you turned over the time machine to Heresy-Era Ahriman and did everything in your power to make sure it worked the way he wanted it to.

I think that level of dedication to the madness deserves some sort of payoff.
    This made me laugh, especially "it was not hard enough."
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2023-12-12 at 09:23 PM.