When Drimmle finally drew himself close to signing the document, he then made his ultimatum demand. Exhaling softly, pursing her lips, "I promise that I will put you to sleep before we leave. If you want to wake up or not, will be up to you," she repeated, only now adding the crucial 'I promise' element.
Ser Drimmle's hands begin to tremble, causing the flaming tongue of the candle to waver dangerously close to the scroll. The sound of the man's teeth grinding echoes softly in the cavernous balcony. His cold eyes study Marcella's for along moment, and then with a deep exhale, Ser Drimmle drops the candle away, his neck collapsing to bow his head; chin touching chest. He pushes the scroll into Marcella's hands and says, "Just, when this is done, just kill me." Anyone who gets down low enough to see up into Ser Drimmle's face can see the soft stream of tears creating a shine across his cheeks.

The Star Guard watch with curiosity, the guardsman seeming particularly tense over the whole affair. He marches to the top of the stairs, and with gun ready says, "Give it to me. Give me the scroll!"