Quote Originally Posted by Beni-Kujaku View Post
Sometimes you just want an ambush predator for aquatic campaigns that does better than a Sea Cat.
that does better that a Sea Cat.
better that a Sea Cat.
Sea Cat.
Who'd have thought!

which seems like much too slim a target crowd to trigger an evolutionary pressure
Look, it still beats working in retail what passes as reasonable for a Mimic.

I wonder what is the difference between the kelp angler and the tendriculos that makes one weak to bludgeoning damage and the other immune.
You try punching a bunch of ribbons floating in water!

That's a big assortment of pretty good abilities (defense is especially excellent) but no real theme, and the whole body shape is bad. Pretty hard to rate, and pretty hard to advance. Maybe 7 RHD? DLA-3? Open to suggestions (for LA and good class choice).
The answer is always Totemist (somehow)! But seriously, I could even see Psychic Warrior working out. It's a good class for natural attacks. Oh, and a demented one that (me being me) I'd totally try: Duskblade. I know, I know, -4 to INT (I hate you, WotC), but with RHD 7 there's just enough space left for 13 levels of Duskblade and all the iteratives to come online. Take Rapidstrike, Improved Rapidstrike, and BOOM, seven Vampiric Touches per round!