1. - Top - End - #581
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Negative LA-Assignment : Resurrection, but no diamond here

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    Who'd have thought!
    I know, not a high bar to pass. One might even say it's below sea level.

Look, it still beats working in retail what passes as reasonable for a Mimic.
    Mimics are Aberrations, I'm not sure darwinism applies to them, especially since they reproduce by splitting like oozes and are widely accepted to be either created by wizard or imported from the Far Realms. But also, you have to consider the one argument that can justify the appearance of basically any trait : "it started as a courtship ritual", because transforming into the craziest thing is simply really cool, or, most probably, simple camouflage, since even their natural form resembles a mountain rock, down to the rock-hard skin. Those are not applicable to kelp anglers since, well, SLAs have no visual manifestation.

You try punching a bunch of ribbons floating in water!
    I don't know, you try punching moss/an unrooted bush and tell me if it broke.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWyrmGold View Post
    Even if you only stuck to real incorrect reconstructions, you'd have plenty of material for a fun web supplement.
    Oh yes ! We need a D&D Bone War ! Like somebody found the skeleton of a Ha-Naga surrounded by the limbs of its victims and thinks it was some sort of creepy centipede-like thing, or an adventurer destroys a Skirr, thinks it was from a single creature, and describes something with a theropod body, bat wings and a bull head. Then another erudite points out that the "wings" should have been on the feet and that it only had ultra-large webbed feet to run on water and charge to impale preys on its horns.

Quote Originally Posted by Satinavian View Post
    More importantly, Paraceratheriidae it is a plural form. Using that name for single animals is as grating as talking about e.g. petting a dogs.
    True. Sometimes you just want to pet a Paraceratheriida. But sometimes you want to pet them all !
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2024-01-21 at 08:28 AM.
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.