Recently got a bunch of premium/collector's editions through mail (from Limited Run Games, in case you're wondering - I like having physical copies, mostly), and one of those was the collector's edition of Shadowrun Trilogy. I spent hours playing the game in PC (and even trying the Editor for UGC), so seeing it coming in the Switch was a godsend. Already did the first two campaigns (Dead Man's Switch, AKA the original campaign, and Dragonfall) and I'm about to finish the third (Hong Kong), meaning I'll be able to *finally* finish the expansion (Shadows of Hong Kong).

For one, it plays almost exactly like the original, though all games use the Hong Kong UI. It's buggy, I'll admit (there's one bug in DMS that might prevent you from progressing further), but for a cart that has all three games loaded in, it plays pretty well. The one thing that drives me nuts is that my only working Joy-Con has a pretty brutal drift that makes controlling an issue: stuff like trying to use Overwatch appropriately, aiming grenades on the right spot and, worst of all, the Matrix portions of Hong Kong (which rely on Watcher ICs that detect you if you step on their "watch" area and make the run more difficult) being a struggle because you're fighting with the character moving on its own.

Before that, though, I was trying Final Fantasy Renaissance, an indie project that remakes the entirety of Final Fantasy 1 on the PC (using the Unity Engine) and adds a TON of new content, specifically new classes. The old classes get new stuff (the Fighter, now the Warrior, has a buff to all allies' damage; the Thief now Mugs, dealing damage and stealing GP, and can search for hidden items; the Monk gets the ability to self-heal and spread out attacks by using Chi; White Mages heal better, Black Mages deal better damage and Red Mages are better at status effect spells), there's new weapons and armor (for both the old and new classes), a couple of brand-new enemies, class quests for most old and new classes, and a New Game+ that makes enemies more difficult but lets you start with the promoted classes from the get-go. It is a love letter to the original, keeping the sprites and some unexpected features (like the Peninsula of Power and the Hall of Giants) but rooting some of the original bugs (such as Intelligence being useless, Monk's Magic Defense dropping once you become a Master, the Critical Hit chance being based on the weapon's position on the list). It's not a ROM hack, but a game you can download and play on the PC natively. (And it's been a blast!)