1. - Top - End - #1369
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Questionable Content XIX: Give Jeph Just A *Little* Credit, Here

The way I see it: it's a fetish, so it's going to be pretty much impossible to explain to someone who doesn't share it. This is pretty common even in the real world -- even relatively common fetishes are incomprehensible to a lot of people on the outside looking in.

Add in the wacky nature of QC and the fascinating synesthesia thing you mentioned AIs having with tea, and it all just kinda tracks for me in a goofy way.

Of course, I love that the impetus for this entire part of Roko's character comes from a throwaway joke where Pintsize shot toast at her on a date, and then as far as I can tell, when the characters said "wait why did Roko agree to that date" Jeph said "**** it" and decided that Roko has a bread fetish. And honestly, that's funny as hell to me, and the exact kind of reckless commitment to the bit that makes a lot of longform improv exciting, where you yes-and something once and it eventually spirals out of control to have really weird worldbuilding consequences (every DM of every TTRPG campaign can likely relate to that one )
    Last edited by Ionathus; 2024-02-14 at 02:58 PM.