Hallveig insight check:
Spoiler
Show

This Jorgan guy seems on the level.

Jorgan listens as you each take your turn to speak.

"Fools! You just believed me? I could be literally anybody." He laughs after a somewhat awkward pause. "Look, I'm a soldier, not a spy. It's a lot to take in. Look, see here." He offers Shavriel a silver insignia.

History skill check:
Lorem Ipsum (1d20)[17]
Hallveig Sturlusdottir (1d20+1)[11]
Nettle Crimsonwood (1d20)[3]
Kerykes Diophantus (1d20+1)[3]
Shavriel Rolga (1d20+6)[9]

history check:
2 or better
Spoiler
Show

It's a silver coin. Looks like it has some stuff on it.

5 or better
Spoiler
Show

The silver insignia is circular, shaped like a large silver coin. It has the same symbol as the Morienn flag.

10 or better
Spoiler
Show

The insignia bears the crest of the Royal Family of Morienn, with a small line beneath

15 or better
Spoiler
Show

You recognize the small line as a sword, indicating the rank of a junior commander.

While you examine his credentials, Jorgan turns to Lorem. "You've got a good eye. Or perhaps my bodyguards aren't as subtle as they should be." He gives an angry glare towards the men sitting at the table by the door. The bartender snorts a quick laugh. The two men don't seem to notice.

"All this sneaking around stuff... It's not really my thing. Give me an enemy to fight, that's always been my motto. I think that actually might be why we're all here. So let me get a few things straight from the get go - we're not heroes. We're not here to fight the good fight. " He turns to Nettle. "I think some people more than others may have reason to be here. Tell me, Nettle - would you really demand payment to slit a few Kalo throats? Or you, Hallveig - to maybe set a few fires?"

He turns his attention to the others. "But you're not officially part of the Morienn Army. I can't force anyone to do anything. For the moment, you're all technically civilians. This insignia gives me the authority to act in my best interest to serve the King, and if you're willing, I'd like you to think of this a a recruitment opportunity."