Whether the message from your ancestors is clear in meaning to you remains a mystery. It could be advice on your actions or it could be a convoluted answer to your exact question.

Ono finishes his preparation, frantically moving around with his crew as if that movement scared away the pain: resolve in motion, don’t stop.

In a matter of minutes you are on board the fishing junk, it is light and stinks of fish, the frame and baskets still littered with fish guts and blood. But it is a quick sail! And Ono is quite competent, his somber face cut by the wind and the salt.

if the wind stays like this, we should see the island by the end of the afternoon. There’s no safe way to harbor, so It’s up to you to make it to the island. I’ll have to take the boat back.
As we approach you’ll see what I mean. The tide will be low, that’s good

As indicated, by the end of the afternoon, as the low sun draws golden lines in the calm sea, You see the island. A sharp rock with deadly cliffs surrounded by a belt of dangerous rocks. Some sad trees perched to the rocks suggest some sort of life inside. The rocks that bound the island are tied with sacred ancient ropes weathered by the sea.

A misty cloud floats around the cliffs and ends abruptly at the rock belt.

they say not even the birds fly in, only crows

Ono points out.
Then, as you come close, he signals a gap between two rocks and beyond, semi submerged in the low tide, a large cave like an open maw.

That’s as far as I can take you

What do you do?