Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
Restarted again, I wanted to go back to my Tiefling Paladin run but it turns out that Ancients can't pick the option I want at the end of Astarion's quest without falling. So Devotion it is! Now I just have to spend a couple of levels until I can nab that heavy armour and ignore that -1 to AC!
Instead of full-on restarting, why not retrain to Devotion for Astarion's quest and then flip back to Ancients after?

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr2 View Post
I didnt meant as the endgame when the apocalypse is happening, but during act 3 when their character could act as agents instead of terrors.

Wyll would be at Gortash's side, reunited with his father. Shadowheart would have sold us to the Sharran cult, etc..

Basically fighting our ex companions as characters, more than as mere NPCs. Because True Souls keep most of their personality, its their allegiance that's overriden.
I mean, I guess, but I doubt they'd ever get that far without being in the party. Shadowheart's chances of bringing down Viconia without allies are essentially nil, tadpoled Ulder Ravengard finds his son repulsive etc.

Quote Originally Posted by diplomancer View Post
True for most of them, but not for Jaheira (nor, I suppose, for Halsin, if you somehow manage to get him in your party in an evil run).
True for Jaheira but then she'd just be dedicating her time to trying to save Minsc. Or if they leave together, Minsc would run into the same tadpole problem and she'd have her hands full with that, assuming she survived.

I think the only way to get Halsin to leave in disgust is to not cure the Shadow Curse, which he can't do on his own so he'd be as good as dead. I'm not sure if there's a breaking point for him in Act 3, even if you embrace Bhaal.