Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post

assuming Mizora doesn't have some trigger clause she can pull in the contract, Absolutist Wyll probably ends up working for Gortash in some capacity. "Duke Ravenguard's heroic Son, The Blade of Frontiers, was cursed by Fiends, and the Duke cast him out! Welcome back Baldur's Gate's favorite son!"

Absolutist Karlach probably ends up doing what she did in Avernus, being a frontline berserker in the armies of the Absolute. She's probably convinced herself that she's doing it out of thanks for freeing her from Avernus. Heck, maybe she ALSO ends up working for Gortash again, but I feel like it's more likely she's just a frontline trooper in Thorm's army.

Absolutist Shadowheart "Learns to Reject Shar and embrace the love of the Absolute!". Another brainwashed fanatic. Shar probably punishes her with her hand, but Shadowheart either pulls through it, or is discarded as useless. Or the absolutists cut off her hand for her.

Absolutist Lae'Zell. Hrmm, another frontline soldier? Maybe a suicide bomber against the Githyanki.

Absolutist Gale: Probably ends up working at Moonrise for Ketheric, believes he's doing it because Thorm will keep him fed with magic items and knows how to cure his condition. If they can figure out a way to explode the orb on command, well, that's just a potent weapon. In the meantime, They can get their hands on spare magic items and he's a very potent Wizard, those are always valuable.

Absolutist Astarion: Probably follows his current route pretty closely. They send him to infiltrate Cazador's lair, thus removing one potential threat to their schemes. If they know about the army of vamprie spawn, they might try to use him, and the promise of walking in the sun again, to get them all to accept Tadpoles.
I like the way you are thinking. But i feel all of these should be more indicative and informative of their characters.

I absolutely agree with your Wyll and Astarion ideas.

Shadowheart may have managed to corrupt some of the Sharrans, and thrown Viconia's leadership of the lodge into chaos. Maybe the Absolute actually restored the memory she lost, and she can promise the same to the other cult members.

Karlach.. shouldnt just be a front line soldier. What if she leaves your group, she basically turns all tiefling survivor in Absolute agents within the city? Ensuring a few survive and provide cover for their entry in the city?

Same thing for Lae'zel. I feel if she was converted by the Absolute, she should have corrupted/coopted the Creche and turned them to their side. Or perhaps she could have turned Kith'rak Voss?

Gale.. gale gale gale.. what would the Absolute do with the Magical Nuke? Damn, i have no idea. Maybe try to take over Lorroakan's tower?

Ultimately, it should inform on their character. Provide an opportunity to see how these heroes turning their back on you still had the might and wits to leave their mark on the world. Maybe even allow the voice actor to ham it up.

I just feel the core of the story are the Origins Companions, and the game should fully utilize them.