1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Baldur's Gate 3 II: The Urge for a Second Playthrough

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Meanwhile, Timeline Questions

Spoiler
    Show

Specifically, I'm wondering about the mind flayer colony under Moonrise.

The Emperor was Baldurian, and when he went to Moonrise, he encountered the Mind Flayer Colony, got Wormed, and Asuran managed to pull him out of the Elder Brain's control.

When exactly was that? My impression was that the war over Moonrise was a century or two ago, since Halsin fought in that conflict, and before that point Moonrise towers was the home of the well respected Thorme family which ruled over a prosperous and happy kingdom. But Balduran founded Baldur's Gate, which I always took to be much older than that?

The Emperor describes himself as checking out the ruins of Moonrise seeking treasure, standard adventurer stuff, implying that his visit was AFTER the shadowcurse. Did he found Baldur's gate, then just kind of wander off and keep adventuring for a few centuries until he got himself mindflayered? Was there a Mind Flayer colony under Moonrise towers when Ketheric Thorm first fell to Shar?

[/SPOILER]
    Spoiler
    Show
    The implication is that there was a Mind Flayer colony under Moonrise well before Ketheric had anything to do with the tower, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Question for those who beat the game.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess my question is around the structure of the finale. Will my entire party get a chance to play, or do I just go through it all with my 4 favorites?
    Spoiler
    Show
    You'll use a four person party as usual. The others are implied to be off fighting elsewhere in the city during the event, but never shown doing so.
    Last edited by Zevox; 2024-02-23 at 11:46 AM.