Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
Again, youre making contradictory points here. You say everyone is beholden to the Emperor, that secession is impossible without bloodshed, etc... and hey, heres Hammerfell, who did exactly what you said Ulfric couldn't do.
There is nothing contradictory in what i said. I already explained, in many details, multiple time the difference between de facto and de jure authority of the Emperor. You just refuse to reply when i make these arguments.

There is no legal recourse to appeal the Emperor's orders. There is no way for one of the Empire's subject to restrict the authority of the Emperor, except by actively disobeying him or appealing to him personally.

Hammerfell was SIGNED OUT of the Empire. Titus Medes II gave up the province to the Aldemari Dominion, and the province refused to acknowledge this surrender and thus de facto seceded, claiming they were not the Emperor's to give.

Dont bother answering to me if you ignore the point about the legal power of the Emperor vs the effective power of the Emperor again. Im done retelling you the same thing for the 3rd time.

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
I'm pretty sure that there are strong implications, if not outright confirmations, that the "invalid" Legions remain in Hammerfell with the tacit approval of the Emperor.
If you have confirmation or could point me to the work of media that has that, id be happy to review my opinion on the matter. But i will not give the benefit of the doubt about an "implication" to an Emperor that signed away Hammefell and Talos just because Cyrodill got a bloody nose.