Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
And you are welcomed to that opinion, but it's just that, an opinion. Not a fact. But then, you aren't the one building a whole case based on that opinion, so yeah, by all means. I happen to be of the opinion that the revelation of his species will be practically irrelevant, compared with the actual dramatic moment where MitD finally breaks from under Xykon's bony thumb and sides with O-Chul. That will be the dramatic moment (in my opinion, YMMV, etc etc). I do expect MitD to come out of the shadows in that moment, as a not-particularly-subtle mirroring of his character development. And maybe we will have V, Elan, or O-Chul namedrop his species (aha! The learned scribe was correct, he is indeed a [insert name here]!). But of all those things happening all at once, the name drop won't be the dramatic part. And I think this because he might not be name dropped at all. Because Rich doesn't regularly give us the species names of creatures. And he doesn't need to for MitD because his species is immaterial to his story arc. We already know what he is: a good man. We already can see where his character arc is going. And none of that requires Rich to tell the audience his species.

Grey Wolf
I see the crux of the thing. My use of reveal = the big moment when MitD is no longer under the umbrella and does the big thing it is going to do at the end of the story (because I believe it happens at the climax of the story).

We're in agreement here...the reveal will be very dramatic *not because we learn that MitD is a Animated Flluffernutter*, but because of the narrative stakes at the point of the reveal, and the actions that happen in that reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
The value of the points stays the same, sure. However, you know how important the 3 points in the last 5 seconds, when you're down by 2, is? Significantly more than the 3 points in the first 5 seconds when the score is 0-0.
Except that if I stuck that 3 at the start of the game, we'd be up 1 in the last 5 seconds and it would be a whole different ballgame.* Or if I hit that field goal we'd be able to kneel it out instead of trying for the 52-yarder down by 2 with 5 seconds left. The only different is for the degenerate gamblers. And basically screw them.

* - Or if I missed another 3 at the start we're down by 5 with 5 left. No points are more important that other points. More dramatic, yup.

I imagine I am the first to guess MitD is an animated peanut butter and marshmallow cookie...right?

- M