Quote Originally Posted by GeneralVryth View Post
Maybe, but it should probably be related to attacks. One thing I have been thinking about recently is the game in general has been low what I would call "Second Chance" basically things that happen when you fail at something. What if additional instances of extra gave you the ability to make another attack when one of yours missed, once per short rest. That's something that could stack without issue, and probably should just have 1 or 2 instances as part of the Fighter's basic class progression. Barbarians, being able to do their Str mod + rage mode damage on a miss 1 or 2 times per short rest would also feel natural I think.
That's pretty funny, I was just thinking the same thing. Like, advantage-lite. You don't roll both dice at the same time, but if you miss with the first attack, you can roll a second time. I do think 1/SR is a bit underpowered for the sacrifice of getting 5+ levels in a second martial class though.

The other thing I was thinking instead of the modified advantage, would be to grant either +2 Damage or To Hit, chosen each time before the die is rolled.