Quote Originally Posted by GeneralVryth View Post
One thing I have been thinking about recently is the game in general has been low what I would call "Second Chance" basically things that happen when you fail at something. What if additional instances of extra gave you the ability to make another attack when one of yours missed, once per short rest. That's something that could stack without issue, and probably should just have 1 or 2 instances as part of the Fighter's basic class progression. Barbarians, being able to do their Str mod + rage mode damage on a miss 1 or 2 times per short rest would also feel natural I think.
I honestly feel this is the simplest approach, rerolling one attack per attack action per extra EA instance. You would need 5/5/5/5 before that becomes redundant, and you have nobody but yourself to blame by that point

Quote Originally Posted by Skrum View Post
Is it though? You're talking a minimum of level 10 of course. And it's two classes that get extra attack at 5...what "worst" case scenario, paladin 5 fighter 5? Level 10, that's at the absolute tail end of martial power and about to head into true caster dominance. An extra ASI is a non-factor.
That's a level 10 character with 3 ASIs, which should normally require level 12. And if one of those classes is Fighter, you can add one more level to have 4 ASIs at 11. So I stand by what I said.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralVryth View Post
Maybe, but it should probably be related to attacks.
Sure, you could limit it to stuff like Savage Attacker or Tavern Brawler or Tough. Personally though, I think being 1st-level is enough. I could see a Swords Bard taking Skilled or a Bladesinger being allowed to take Magic Initiate for example, and once you allow those you might as well allow any of them.