View Single Post

Thread: Tell me about your character...

1. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Tell me about your character...

@ Quertus : Nice to see you back. Already feared something had happened.

Splittermond : Huang Rong
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rong is from Zhoujiang the China inspired region (with some twists like being matriarchal) of the main setting. Original made for a theme group working for the ministry of spirits, whe was one of two members who was a full member and actually had gone through the whole imperial examination process and held a proper position. Her abilities were mostly focused academics, bureaucracy and proper etiquette as well as some spirit and divination magic. She also had contracts with 2 helpful spirits she could summon, one for menial tasks and one for healing. She had some crafting abilities and came from an upper class gnomish family which also made her the oldest person in the group.
    Despite having a relatively high status, she very much was not a peoples person and would try to offload necessary interactions to other group members. Unfortunately she was also the one with the best etiquette, understanding of power structures and generally the straight man of the group so that didn't work too well.

In the beginning most adventures revolved about ghosts and spirits, haunted places, the strange interplay between ancestor veneration and the fear of vengeful dead ones but other stuff was sprinkled in. But later the campaign morphed and was more about the civil war, old prophecies and dirty secrets of the current dynasty. While that eventually meant having influence on the fate of the country, she hated every moment of it and always wanted back to her proper, ordered work and life in a functioning state without all the recent infighting (her age meant that she saw the civil war more as an abberation)

Personally i like playing characters who are not primarily adventurers but have responsibilities, loyalties and a life beyond that. I also quite enjoyed the straight man position in the group and also how she has so many specific strengths but also weaknesses, making it relevant to the story that she is part of the group not just any other random adventurer. I also liked the setting.
    Last edited by Satinavian; 2024-04-03 at 03:32 AM.