Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
From the locals? Oh my, no. It was the signs, my friend. The signs!

We drive in from New Mexico (which really is a land of enchantment, just gorgeous landscapes. Unlike Arizona, which had nothing. Glad they got the Grand Canyon because they got shafted otherwise).
I...you...what?!? I'm sorry, until this moment I hadn't realized you had, at some point in time, been assaulted by deranged space aliens and had your aesthetic discrimination engine replaced with a pile of rotted banana peels. Too bad, because at times you seemed relatively copasetic.

Well, if I ever catch those aliens I'll get your landscape appreciation back for you.

Not to besmirch New Mexico. Some bits are quite nice. It's like if Arizona had a plainer, much less attractive younger cousin that sometimes has nice hair.

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
On I-10 West, just across the Sabine River from Louisiana is a sign that says, "El Paso 893 Miles."

The same highway goes through Beaumont, Houston, San Antonio, and 400 miles of desert with six gas stations before you get to El Paso, and there is nothing about that on the sign.

It's like that game on Star Trek where, every time you stop someone is saying, "Move along, move along home!"

Y'all should come to Louisiana. We'll feed you. Sure, it might be something you never thought sbout eating before, (or ever thought of as food,) but it'll be good and we'll get you drunk afterward.
Without a great deal of fine understanding, I believe I much prefer Cajun to Creole...but I think that is typical of my palate (rustic > fancy). Sadly not a huge sea food fan (fried notwithstanding), so lean heavily on the andouille and boudin. But I guess I like fancy desserts and pastries...

- M