1. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [PF1 Altered - Low Level Gestalt] Isekai Adventures

Spellcasting:
    - We will using this modified spellcasting system (similar to Psionics):
    - Arcane Spell slots translated to Arcane Magic Points (AMP), same for Divine (DMP) and Special spellcasting such as Alchemist Class (SMP), with a rate of 1 MP per Slot Level
    - Spells can be casted using MP equal to spell level
    - Metamagic adds to MP cost, you are restricted to spend MP equal to the maximum spell level you can cast
    - Bonus spell slots also translated to MP
    - MP from diferent sources are combined into a unique pool by magic type (Divine, Arcane, etc), but class Spell Lists and Spell DCs are managed separately
    - Bonus INT points from equiped/held Magic items or temporal bonuses doesn't give you extra spells known (in the case of Wizard's Lv 1 starting spells or similar for other classes), only permanent increases does.
    How does this work with prepared casters (Wizard, Cleric, Druid, Shaman, et cetera)?
    Do they just cast any spell they know spontaneously (e.g., any spell in a Wizard's spellbook, any spell on the list for the Cleric, Druid, or Shaman)?
    Do they prepare spells in their slots, and then cast those spontaneously (e.g., the Wizard prepares spells from spellbook, and "knows" those spells for the day)?
    -- Slots from high ability score, specialities, domains, et cetera: Also add to "today's known" for this?
    Something I didn't think of (e.g., they gain a spells known list from somewhere)?

Quote Originally Posted by Duqueen View Post
    EDIT: hadn't seen the rules update. Dang it, now that left me confused too. trade spellcasting for 20 RFS and buy it back for 5 RFS?

Well, not that I care much for it, I am not using casting classes anyway.
    It's intended as a straight-up upgrade for Paladin, Ranger, and similar.
    Last edited by Jack_Simth; 2024-04-05 at 07:11 AM.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.