Quote Originally Posted by LibraryOgre View Post
One suggestion I have seen, vis a vis Anakin, is that the Dark Side won the Duel of the Fates with the death of Qui Gonn. Sure, Maul [kinda-sorta] died, and Obi-Wan "won", but Obi-Wan wasn't equipped to deal with Anakin, to train him well, whereas Qui Gonn was. Had Qui-Gonn survived, he could have guided Anakin through his tribulations. But he did not, so Anakin was left with "brother" Obi-Wan instead of "Father" Qui-Gonn.
It's never been clear to me that Qui Gonn would have done a better job than Obi Wan. It's Qui Gonn, after all, that rescues Anakin while leaving his mother in slavery and it is her eventual death is one of Anakin's biggest steps towards the dark side. Was Qui Gonn going to come back and free Schmi so Anakin wouldn't worry about her? I don't think so. Would Qui Gonn have stopped Anakin from being obsessive about Padme? I don't think so.

If someone needs blame, it's the council for entrusting Anakin to a very new Jedi Knight. But the council does it again when it entrusts Ahsoka to Anakin...