Quote Originally Posted by Trafalgar View Post
It's never been clear to me that Qui Gonn would have done a better job than Obi Wan. It's Qui Gonn, after all, that rescues Anakin while leaving his mother in slavery and it is her eventual death is one of Anakin's biggest steps towards the dark side. Was Qui Gonn going to come back and free Schmi so Anakin wouldn't worry about her? I don't think so. Would Qui Gonn have stopped Anakin from being obsessive about Padme? I don't think so.

If someone needs blame, it's the council for entrusting Anakin to a very new Jedi Knight. But the council does it again when it entrusts Ahsoka to Anakin...
Ironically enough the reason Yoda gave Anakin a padawan of his own was to teach him to let go when the time comes. It backfired horribly, though, when Ahsoka left the Order entirely after the whole “the Council doesn’t trust you and won’t have your back when you’re accused of blowing up the Jedi Temple on Coruscant” thing.

It’s entirely possible that if Anakin had been able to see Ahsoka grow up and become a Jedi Knight he might have gotten over his attachment issues, as Yoda hoped he would, but then again it’s entirely possible he wouldn’t have. It’s hard to say. The problem with the prequels being prequels is that the end is a foregone conclusion because it’s already happened. Nothing could stop Anakin becoming Darth Vader.