Quote Originally Posted by Zhepna View Post
Hi,

I play a wizard and the dm gave an object removing all +spells level required by metamagic.
So I can stack metamagic as much as I want.
I would like to be a buffer.

Is there a way to apply spells with persist to other players?

By exemple,
I cast Wind Wall with the following metamagics:
ocular spell (to change to range to fixed)
persist
twin spell
Repeat Spell

1) Is it something that is legal?

2) if question #1 is legal, since the range is now fixed, can I choose a spell with an range of touch like Heroism and still cast Repeat spell on it?

3) I would like to play a lot with illusion, is it somehow possible to make an illusion affected by persist?

Thanks for the information.
1) Ocular spell is questionable RAW as it causes you to cast the spell twice: once into your eyes and next out of your eyes. It doesn't state that you cast the spell as a 0 ft effect into your eyes and thus would require DM approval just as much as touch spells qualifying for persistent spell. Reach Spell is much more RAW friendly and definitive as it can turn any touch spell into a 30 ft ray without complexity.

2) Reach spell would allow you to use repeat.

3) Reach spell can help with touch range illusions, while ghost sounds can be made permanent. I believe there are some evocation/conjuration spells with fixed ranges that I can't recall at the moment.

I would recommend you look at the War Weaver class from Heroes of Battle. With it's Eldritch Tapestry feature you'd be able to get a lot more value with each cast.