View Single Post

Thread: The Black Dahlias [closed 3.5]

1. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: The Black Dahlias [seeking players, 3.5]

Ok, as mentioned to Bel, though I really like how Thespos came out. I really dont' feel like playing another mystical weirdo. My intention was to make a real coward scumbag completely build around Craven, but that overlaps with Cygnia's absolute beauty of a build.

Instead, I give you Tar "Tight lips" Hagan the CONsigliery of a Criminal overlord who happens to be a Shadow Dragon and Hagan adopted mother and was recently slayed during a law enforcement operation.
    Tar is the Strong, Silent Type. Trainied by his dragon adopted mother to be the face of the operation and provide counsel. He rarely acts violently himself, preferring to defer violence to other more dependable (and disposable) glory seeking heroes, he is a shrewd negotiator and always finds the dirt to blackmail figures in position of power. Sometimes creating evidence of hideous crimes.

Hagan is calm and collected, but he is ruthless. He can't stand when people remind him of Jaebrin's origins as jesters.

(Also, a great way to kill time in an airport)

Spoiler: Build, notes and questions:
    Show

Build A Dragon Fire Adept lvl 8 with a nice smile.

Spoiler: Wall of text
    Show
    Ok, so he is a straight up Dragon Fire Adept because that class is neat and has little support. I tinkered with a concept with bard levels or sorcerer levels to really take advantage of the Jaebrin's extra charisma and +1 to enchantments.

I Also considered Three levels of Archivist to reflect the fluff of a trained and educated Consigliery (and to prepare Mass Snake Swiftness in ALL my lvl 2 Slots. But everybody and their mother are grabbing Knowledge Devotion and while that stacks with Dark Knowledge, I think it shouldn't...

Then I considered dipping in Totemist to double down on the CON based debuffs (Stun anyone?) but then again, there are two Dread Necro! One of them is a Full Dread Witch!

Questions:
    --The feats assume I can delay lvl 5 feat to Lvl 6 to able to grab Extra Invocation
    --NOW, If you ruled Eldritch Theurge to work with DFA and with the breath weapon, I'll consider some more cheese and go Ur-Priest 2 Eldritch Theurge 1 for kicks.
    --Jaebrin is basically wasted in this build, but I want my guy to look like that.
    --However, Jaebrins are immunte to enchantments and can actually bluff to pretend they have been enchanted. I think that matters in this game a loooot. So let me know if you are Ok with it.

Spoiler: Stats:
    Show
    Tar "Tigh tlips" Hagan
    m NE Jaebrin CONsiglieri, Level 8, Init 1, HP 90/90, DR 2/magic, Speed 30
    AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 20, Fort 11, Ref 3, Will 8, Base Attack Bonus 4 /0
    Will Sapp DC 19 -4 WILL SAVES 1min Bite +4 (1d3-2, )
    +1 leather armor, +1 darkwood buckler (+4 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, +3 Natural, +1 Misc)
    Abilities Str 6, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 20
    Condition Quiet and watching

Spoiler: Description
    Show
    Always impeccably dressed in the best silk garments but without affectation or excess, even the distinctive items he wears are carefully placed to deceive senses. Hagan is neither tall nor short, people who meet him often cannot describe him easily and find it very difficult to remember anything he said. He has a steely gaze and subdued manner of interacting with people.
    Last edited by Auranghzeb; 2024-04-15 at 11:17 AM.