View Single Post

Thread: Getting wishes from an Efreeti

1. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Getting wishes from an Efreeti

Quote Originally Posted by Darg View Post
    I mean, it's not stated in the rules whatsoever. The FAQ has an answer on it that mentions the lack of rules for it, but the closest the rules ever get to stating how it works is "In all other ways, a spell-like ability functions just like a spell." However, in this particular area that's as good as not saying anything at all.
    I definitely recall reading it very explicitly out to my players at the table and us unanimously agreeing it was too much bookkeeping. Ill continue to try and find the source, so I guess watch this space for now?

Quote Originally Posted by Darg View Post
    Why prepare or learn Wish when you can just use shapechange with basically 0 cost?
    Assuming you’re referring to zodar, because theyre limited to 1/year clearly, assuming a) they even exist in setting, and b) you even know about such an esoteric creature, and c) the DM doesnt deem them to be rare and unique creatures such that they arent a valid target to be shapechanged into.
    Last edited by Crake; 2024-04-17 at 02:02 AM.
    World of Madius wiki - My personal campaign setting, including my homebrew Optional Gestalt/LA rules.
    The new Quick Vestige List

Quote Originally Posted by Kazyan View Post
    Playing a wizard the way GitP says wizards should be played requires the equivalent time and effort investment of a university minor. Do you really want to go down this rabbit hole, or are you comfortable with just throwing a souped-up Orb of Fire at the thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by atemu1234 View Post
    Humans are rarely truly irrational, just wrong.