Oh hey, I used one of those guys last round of VC!

I think that some alright ideas for where to take this are buried in there; telflammar shadowlord is a big one (fighter 2 sets you up to take Spring Attack at ECL 6), Terrifying Strike is a great way to render foes no-save shaken, monk (or unarmed swordsage) adds iteratives on top of the claws so that's nice, technically they qualify for Scorpion's Grasp right out of the box because of the OA rule that improved grab counts as improved grapple and a natural weapon counts as IUS, there's the makings to build upon that weird fear-grapple thing they do.

Didn't actually notice the space/reach line back then, though. Like huh, kind of goliath-like, the ability to wield weapons and bull rush as if large, but the space and reach of a medium creature.

But like... if I were a goliath, would I take 3 construct RHD to get some SLAs, shadow jump, secondary stat boosts, and fear eater? Usually not. And a shadowpouncing lurker isn't straightforwardly better than a shadowpouncing humanoid. So with that in mind, voting for +0 LA.