View Single Post

Thread: Tomboys and Troublemakers pt 3

1. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Tomboys and Troublemakers pt 3

Bertelis looks likely surprised - the failure of a Dracoleech to attack is a suspicious failure of poor fortune to assail them. He checks the buckles of his fine leathers, then takes the scabbarded Company Blade from his belt to offer to Bruno.

"If we require the relic spear from the vampire to put the chaos knight down for good, it makes sense to see the Red Knight first... and I would see my brother freed as soon as possible." He unfurls the map they were given, and gestures to its content...

Spoiler: Map:
    Show

Some ideas for you to disrupt and dismay us are included in Bertelis' ramble to follow, Bramble. As always, feel free to do as much or as little with this as you want.

The Red Knight reportedly lairs at the Old Cemetry, 8. The Chaos knight reportedly lairs near the North Gate, 12.

Everything on the northside of the big river beyond the immediate docks is Lost Town; scary, marshy, overrun by gangs, heretics, and the most desperate folk living amongst them. South of the river are the 'normal' citizens of Mousillon, if such a thing can be said to exist; a theoretically orderly if still rough, cursed, and befouled place to be.

"First we pass through the South Gate, which is a shanty town. They are unlikely to trouble us unless we look vulnerable, and we are a formidible troupe."

"From there we must cross over to the Bridge Quarter - I would expect an extortive toll, since those who want water from the well by the chapel must cross over this way."

"Once in the Bridge Quarter, we have out best chance to fight the hunter and the dwarf. This is the sinkhole of vice - brothels, gambling dens, fighting pits, taverns are the least impious places in the district. But it is also where travellers will find lodging - as might we, if we are forced. But I hope it does not come to that..."

"Once we have made contact with them - or given up seeking them - we must cross to the north side of the river and follow it west to The Docks on the north bank. This whole area is, I am given to understand, orderly enough as the docks are Mousillon's only means of profit from cargo... especially illicit kinds. The gangs run this area. They are what passes for law, here. I am told the three biggest Sang'Argent - run by old Tilean pirates out of the Damoiselle Vert; the Ecorcheurs from the ruined lighthouse; and the Garde Cimetiere, who once thrived plundering the cemetry... but if the Red Knight has moved in, they likely have been displaced or destroyed. Or... made to serve. These gangs are mere men, but they are numerous and dangerous, and they are not our targets."

"But my hope is that we can find lodging in the Temple of Manaan. They must be used to turning away those seeking lodging, but I am initiated now into Manaan's mysteries, so perhaps they will permit us to base from there. Especially since we seek the Spear of Manaan's return. I have be told that the temple of Manaan is the best kept, and least harassed building in the city - even the gangs, smugglers, and slavers fear Manaan's wrath. All but the Red Knight, it seems."
    Last edited by MrAbdiel; 2024-04-21 at 08:12 PM.