View Single Post

Thread: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

1. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Star Wars: The Acolyte official trailer

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    A particular action or any? It's all well and good arguing for such a vague and nebulous position as "the Council made mistakes but I won't name any or agree with any that are brought up", but it's noncommittal. You're not adding anything to the conversation or debating the points being raised.

At that point you're just shooting down other people's arguments instead of presenting your own.

If multiple people are pointing out a trend, what's more likely? That the trend doesn't exist or that the people who are responsible for that trend just don't want to own up to it?

Sometimes people are so afraid of admitting they're wrong on the internet that they'll say one thing and then insist they meant something else. My own arguments have been mischaracterised several times in this thread but you don't see me making a big fuss about it. I'm just sticking to my guns and proving my points, even if certain people are being extremely rude and dismissive about them.

It hasn't exactly escaped my notice that a certain someone has been replying to posts that disagree with my posts but will not reply to my posts even if I'm rebutting the points they raise against my posts. At that point it isn't about having a discussion but creating an echo chamber to shut down other people's points of view.
    Unironically, its more likely to me that the trend doesnt exist. Its very easy to attribute to people a position that they don't have, and then others see that people saying such and such trend exists without bothering to fact check. As a general rule, people want their positions to be understood. If someone supports a position, theyre going to own up to it more often than not.

Also, the biggest mistake people have been pointing out is not sticking to their guns and training Anakin as a Jedi. Their first impressions about him were exactly correct.
    Last edited by Keltest; 2024-04-22 at 10:05 AM.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”