Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
Practical. E.g. I won't blink if you pull out Incantatrix, but I'll get a little leery if you reach for Beholder Mage or Illithid Savant.

All 1st-party 3e and 3.5e sourcebooks plus Dragon Compendium. Ask for Dragon material, and supply me the relevant citation since I don't have any Dragon mag books.

Er, whoops haha. 40 point buy. Let me fix that OP... Speaking of which, I put the wrong thing down for health. Max all HD instead.

There are a lot of potentially broken feats (e.g. Leadership), spells (e.g. ice assassin), and so on. Not to mention epic magic. I won't rule on all of them now because, you know, there's a lot.

Expect that I will generally say no if the relevant feat, spell, etc. is being used in the manner of theoretical optimization tricks. If you're wondering about things on the more practical level of, e.g. whether Invisible Spell makes all summons invisible, the answer is yes and we'll play stuff like this straight. For specifics, ask me and I'll let you know.

The big thing is don't overshadow other players. So if you want to build something on the threshold of overly optimized, make it something whose power level you can tune up and down as necessary.
No rocket tag, roger.