Quote Originally Posted by JellyPooga View Post
Can you point me to where the Rogue has any rule that is more selfish than any other class? I've already noted several specific abilities the Rogue has that are explicitly the opposite, geared specifically toward team play. So far, the only evidence that the Rogue is selfish I've seen is based on individual playstyle (which is a player issue, not a class one) or baseless expectation.

I only contest the claim because it is obviously part of the Rogues poor reputation, but I've yet to be convinced it's based on anything but stereotypes rather than rules.
It's baseless.

Fighter: Stand back, I'll keep them from reaching you guys.
Wizard: No need Fighter, I have summoned a creature to do the fighting for you. That way, your hit points are protected, and I get the glory.
Bard: Okay, I'll make sure to provide any healing.
Wizard: At ease Bard, I dipped Life Cleric and grabbed Goodberry with Magic Initiate. Everyone can keep themselves topped off, thanks to me, and you don't have to do anything.
Rogue: Alright, well I'll scout ahead and make sure the way is clear of traps or hidden enemies.
Wizard: Master yourself Rogue, you are not needed here. I will make sure the way is clear with my familiar, or my Arcane Eye. That way you remain safe, and I once again beat the challenge for us.
Rogue: It's okay, I don't mind, this is what my expertise is in. Keep your familiar safe, and don't waste your spell slots.
Wizard: You selfish piece o--- !