1. - Top - End - #205
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: What drives a poor reputation for the Rogue class?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ^ Adding to this - even if turn order and the ally's own desired tactics line up with your own, the enemy they're standing next to might not be the optimal enemy for you to be targeting. If I'm up against an enemy necromancer, doing extra damage to his zombie ogre minions standing in the front isn't bad, but I'd rather be targeting the caster standing in the back, especially when a big burst of damage from me might break his concentration more easily.
    Yep, you got it!

Quote Originally Posted by JellyPooga View Post
    The Swashbuckler using Panache to give a foe Disadvantage against everyone but himself has got to be just about the least selfish ability in the entire game
    Panache takes a full Action, an all-or-nothing check, and breaks from distance (a la Witch Bolt) or... from an ally attacking or affecting the enemy with a spell.
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2024-04-25 at 07:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones