Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
For purely thematic reasons I'd like to request the Endless trait from Dragon Magazine #354, page 52. I would of course grab the Wedded to History feat on page 54 and go with the Apostle of the Forgotten "background" for it.
Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
So technically this is more meant for like...antilife sphere or magic circle against evil. Normally it would prevent entry to specific creatures, but it can be moved. But abjurations are defensive in nature, so you can't move towards a creature it would prevent entry for, and squeeze them against a wall. I think this either applies to, or can be minorly stretched to apply to, prismatic screen, such that flying into somebody doesn't provoke a number of SoDs. Anyway, the bus isn't gonna have any other weapons except maybe the ooze cannon. If you're in the bus, and you wanna do something to people outside the bus, you either already need stuff that doesn't require LoE, or you need to exit.
This interpretation is a little problematic because, for instance, imagine a ship with a prismatic wall sitting on its deck, facing towards the stern. The ship is moving at 1 mph. A person on the deck is walking to the aft at 1 mph. From the wall's perspective, the person is approaching it, and thus subject to its harm. From the world's perspective, the person is stationary, and the ship is moving the wall to the person.

I'm half considering letting you ram with the prismatic stronghold walls. Part of it is really that... anything that would be vulnerable to this, wasn't really going to be a threat to the party anyways. Plus presumably you wouldn't be typically be driving the schoolbus around in general adventuring per the principle of staying in the background here. I'll think about this more when the game gets going.

Between the required casting, the required cost, the required land, the difficulty (tedium or moral) of acquiring the original specimen, it's probable that I'm not the only one in the world doing this, but there also won't be that many of them. But if we have many epic opponents, this is something they could easily be doing too, especially if they're already Landlords.
This is decent justification. Alright, I buy it. We'll handle its construction in the campaign, up to and including sourcing the sentry oozes. Also it should coincide with the part of the campaign where orbital strikes are interesting for the adventure premise and not just a tactical gimmick, if this game lasts long enough for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
Please add One Ear to the Table
Done.

I suppose I should formally request the phantom sparks (dragon 327) and wild (dragon 329) flaws. Both are thematically appropriate. And Phantom Sparks, especially, is very punishing.

{second follow-up question} I realize I need to also formally request Trickster Spellthief (dragon 353), which is vital to my build, and the use of Natural Spell as a Tibbit, which is basically flavor.
OK on all.

{follow-up question} do I qualify for bonus feats I earn as a shadowcaster after entering Noctumancer? I pencilled in earning one bonus feat, but I realize this may be wrong in either direction based on how I pick mysteries. This question is one that is kind of specific to the fix implemented and open to interpretation, as I understand it. Shadowcaster bonus feats are first available in the original version at level 2, but the number is based on paths entered.
In the OG or in the fix I think the interpretation is that you do continue to qualify for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arael666 View Post
Also requesting these flaws:

Implacable (Dragon Magazine #328) and Weapon Bound (Dragon Magazine #326). Also, asking for weapon bound flaw to work with herectic of the faith feat (power of Faerun pg. 46).
Granted, and willing to interpret Heretic of the Faith as applying to Weapon Bound.

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
The get The War, Law and Sun Domains. But Ordained Champion requires worshipping Heironeous or Hextor. So basically, I'm asking if I can grab the PrC with my current theological quandaries.
Noted. I see the PrC doesn't have any substantative references to Heironeous, so granted, feel free to refluff the worship requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
Here's my character, Lorwyn Suaril, a Rogue / Warlock / Arcane Trickster...
Added

Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
My entry:

Spoiler
Show
Aeric Hartford
Male Lawful Neutral Human Ranger 1/Fighter 19, Level 20, Init +15, HP 338/338, Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft. (average)
AC 52, Touch 23, Flat-footed 46, Fort +27, Ref +21, Will +21, Base Attack Bonus +20/+15/+10/+5
+5 eager bastard sword/+5 warning parrying bastard sword +34/+34/+34/+29/+29/+24/+24/+19 (1d10+25/1d10+19, 17-20/×2)
+5 glamered segmented reinforced full mithral plate of nimbleness, +5 animated heavy mithral shield (+16 Armor, +8 Shield, +6 Dex, +5 Deflect, +5 Natural, +2 Misc)
Abilities Str 32, Dex 22, Con 22, Int 20, Wis 16, Cha 20
Condition None
Spoiler: Cohort
Show
Isera
Female Lawful Evil Erinyes Outsider 9/LA 7/Deepwood Sniper 1, Level 17, Init +6, HP 100/100, DR 5/good, SR 20, Speed 30 ft., fly 50 ft. (good)
AC 31, Touch 18, Flat-footed 25, Fort +14, Ref +18, Will +12, Base Attack Bonus +10/+5
+5 energy bow +20/+20/+15 (2d6+11, 19-20/×3)
bastard sword +14/+9 (1d10+9, 19-20/×2)
entangle silk rope +16 ( , )
bracers of armor +3 (+3 Armor, +6 Dex, +2 Deflect, +10 Natural)
Abilities Str 23, Dex 22, Con 20, Int 20, Wis 16, Cha 25
Condition None

Added.

Are items restricted to only be usable with a specific skill/class/alignment allowed?

If so, can they be combined?

If so, do they combine multiplicatively they way crafting cost reductions generally do, or is this different since it's a change in actual market price, rather than just a crafting cost reduction?
Yes to allowed and combination, and by RAW I think they also combine multiplicatively, pretty unambiguously at that. I'm cognizant the Artificer doesn't really need more boosts to its power but, again, these are benefits that I expect the player to direct towards the party overall, so I'm unwilling to make ad hoc rulings to nerf.

This should make epic magic items more palatable if and when they're on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
@chaincomplex: for Syana (who's already in your table), the build is not Bard 20. Like all the other mechanical notes & calculations, you can find it in the Other Notes section at the bottom...
Noted, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
@chaincomplex
request
Horned Helm (Arms and Equipment Guide p133) 38,000 gp I believe this is 3.5 but it could be 3.0
OK. Also the MIC variant, which I didn't check but I'm sure MIC is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Spear View Post
How much gold do the cohorts start with? or do we have to pay them from our own starting funds?
Good point. Let me consolidate cohort generation:

• Ability Scores. By array: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8
  • Health. For each hit die, average and round up.
  • Wealth. 159,000 gp

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
Needing a clarification on extending. If we slap it on a reach weapon that allows us to attack adjacent targets and extend it to 15 ft, we won't be losing the ability to enemies 5-10 ft from us?
By my RAW reading, funnily enough, when you extend e.g. a spiked chain you can strike at 15 ft. or 5 ft, but not at 10 ft. My adjudication here will depend on what's physically plausible. Does it make sense that, supposing you had a weapon that could spontaneously extend, that it could have an effective range at 5 ft. and 15 ft. but not at 10 ft.? I'm willing to hear arguments in either direction.