1. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Little Help: Dragon Disciple ATK calculation

Quote Originally Posted by Sinstar View Post
    I had to doublecheck some rules to make sure that I haven't just been house-ruling it for ten years and forgot how it's supposed to work, but I think I haven't. Someone a little smarter than me may correct me, though.

So the two things to consider are that your natural weapons do not care about any additional attacks your BAB grants you, but your weapons do. So, assuming a BAB of +6/+1, using a weapon, bite as your primary natural weapon, and 2 claw attacks as your secondary natural weapons, , I believe your attacks would go:

Full attack: +6 weapon, +6 bite, +1 weapon, +1 claw, +1 claw.

Full attack with multiattack: +6 weapon, +6 bite, +4 claw, +4 claw, +1 weapon.

Edit to mention that your weapon is ostensibly taking up at least one of your hands, so you're unlikely to get more than one claw attack unless some additional shenanigans are afoot.
    This is wrong. When attacking with both natural attacks and manufactured weapons, the weapons take the place of the primary attack, and thus ALL natural weapons suffer the -5 penalty (or -2 with Multiattack).

So, with a bite, two claws, and +6/+1 BAB : +6 weapon/+1 weapon/+1 Bite/+1 claw/+1 claw.
    Same but with Multiattack : +6 weapon/+1 weapon/+4 Bite/+4 claw/+4 claw.

And yes, the above is an ideal scenario in which the weapon does not take up a hand (for example, if you are attacking with your Unarmed Strike). Most of the time, if you have a two-handed weapon, it's more +6 weapon/+1 weapon/+1 bite and that's all.
    Last edited by Beni-Kujaku; 2024-04-29 at 02:17 AM.
    Resurrecting the Negative LA thread, comments and discussion are very welcome!
    Nice find! Have a cookie!
    Do you want to build monstrous characters with reasonable LA? Join the Monster Mash! Currently, round XII: One-Punch Monster!!! Come judge single-strike entries!
    Quote Originally Posted by H_H_F_F View Post
    3.5 allows you to optimize into godhood, yes, but far more importantly, it lets you optimize weak, weird, and niche options into relevance.