1. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: What drives a poor reputation for the Rogue class?

Quote Originally Posted by Blatant Beast View Post
    That was not my experience as a DM. The PC Assassin in a Temple of Elemental Evil + Descent into Avernus style game, used the ability once to help the entire party infiltrate The Elemental Fire cult that was in league with Zariel.
    Your experience is your experience and I can't argue with it but in my 1000s of hours of playing DND at a wide variety of tables, I have literally never seen a situation where this kind of thing would be desirable from a "fun for the group" perspective.

And note that this is leaving aside the question of whether its actually the best means for infiltration in the first place, something I really don't think is ever going to be true.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    The idea is that you disguise yourself as Frederick the Nobleman, get in, use his authority to request an audience with the King, kill him, then leave and take off your disguise to assume your identity as Timothy the Merchant. All the witnesses see Frederick as having killed the King, and Timothy is an upstanding member of the community who is quite obviously not Frederick.
    Who is this king that he's allowing "generic fred noble" to get next to him where he doesn't have any guards or protections? Why are we killing this guy, is he and evil king? Again, how is he being so naive if there's so many people out to get him?

Is it really that hard to do something like this with other means, which would allow you to actually impersonate a real person?

What is the rest of the party doing while Assassino is having this little adventure?

These are the essential problems with the ability.
    Last edited by strangebloke; 2024-04-29 at 10:26 AM.
    Make Martials Cool Again.