Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
I find the weed storylines some of the most boring in the whole comic. I don’t want to sit there and watch someone get high in real life, why would I want to in a comic?

The previous boozy equivalent storylines generally had funny stuff related to it, like reverse-strip-Scrabble. The weed ones thus far have been “haha, aren’t high people funny?”
The previous equivalents were helped a lot by, as you said, other things happening in the scene.

Faye, Dora, Marten, and Hannelore being drunk at their apartment was fun because they had fun banter, or they got up to shenanigans. The fact that they were drunk wasn't the comedy, it was a force multiplier on the comedic content (or at least a reason to push them towards funny actions).

But every story in a similar vein recently has had the intoxication as the attempted source of comedy, like you said. Which is just not funny on its own -- and wouldn't change if you swapped the weed for alcohol. Granted, high people are a lot more navel-gazey than drunk people, in my experience, so it's possibly worse. But the basic mechanics of the scene are just lazier and less developed. "Ha ha intoxication" doesn't have a lot of staying power.