1. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Rule variations between PF1/3.5 - Stacking

Yeah it just circles back to is or is not the Monks AC bonus an untyped bonus. or is it an Ability modifier bonus.

Personally I see it as the ability is the source and the # just happens to key off of a stat.

Which should be the 3.5 ish view on it considering how the Monk AC bonus has always been viewed as a 'blank' typing that just stacks unless an ability states it does not.

I think the Monk AC bonus working virtually different than ever other AC bonus of this type is important to. Other bonuses that are keyed to a stat mod always state X stat mod (Ex; add Charisma modifier to AC). So as someone mentioned earlier and I had to reread into things to verify myself. If someone drains your Stat Modifier those abilities apply a negative. But the monk ability as it's wholly unique is instead X+ conditional if yes + stat. X being the 1-5 level bonus of being a monk itself then your stat mod only if the mod from stat is a positive number. With the ability removing your stat # if it goes negative. So shouldn't be looked at on the AC tally as "+ Wis/Cha mod" as it isn't actually that. It's an ability filtering to add both the flat monk chunk and only positive #s from a stat mod.
    Last edited by Lorddenorstrus; 2024-04-29 at 05:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Wizards are weak because they need to read! Sorcerers can take the Illiterate trait to minmax themselves to extremes that other classes can only dream of!
    Spoiler: Current Ongoing Campaigns
    Show
    DM- Overlord Campaign - Ainz wiped the floor but they did manage to clear several floor guardians. Playing - Gestalt game character WIP.