Quote Originally Posted by Pex View Post
Be mindful some (sub)classes have abilities you might accidentally (on purpose?) duplicate. Your Vanish idea is one such thing. I think Shadow Monks do that. It doesn't make this a bad idea, but it would be poor form to make a subclass obsolete by giving their ability to anyone. If the class ability is autosucceed but your skill trick requires a roll depending on personal taste that might be enough of a difference. However, there is argument if the DC is low enough and/or your skill modifier is high enough you autosucceed anyway or only fail on a Natural 3 or less that difference is irrelevant. High level rogues don't roll below 10 either way. If this doesn't bother you at all so be it, but it is worth considering.
Yus

Cloak of Shadows
By 11th level, you have learned to become one with the shadows. When you are in an area of dim light or darkness, you can use your action to become invisible. You remain invisible until you make an attack, cast a spell, or are in an area of bright light.

The monk's version has no duration (big deal), is harder to break (medium deal), and doesn't require a skill check (less of a deal). But it's also supposed to be an 11th level ability? Uhg that's not good. Yeah I don't think I mind trampling on that. It shouldn't be an 11th level ability.