Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
At this point I would speak out of character.
GM: You tell him you don't know what they're planning? Guys, don't you remember you interrogated that Formian about an hour ago and he told you about their plans?

I see several possible responses:

Response One:
Player: Oh yeah, I forgot about that. He said they were going to attack some werewolves somewhere...
GM: The Formion said Muir Woods.
Player: Muir Woods, right. Uh, Yes, we know that they are planning on attacking some werewolves in Muir Woods.
GMCL: Muir Woods? That is a matter that concerns us.

Response Two:
Player: Yeah, they told us they were attacking some werewolves somewhere, but I didn't think he'd be interested in defending some werewolves.
GM: You wanted his help, right? Well there's only one way to find out what he might be interested in.
Player: Uh, Yes, we know they were planning on attacking some werewolves.
GMCL: Werewolves? Where?
Player: Uh, I don't remember.
GM: The Formion said Muir Woods.
Player: Muir Woods, right. They were planning on attacking some werewolves in Muir Woods.
GMCL: Muir Woods? That is a matter that concerns us.

Response Three:
Player: Yeah, I remember, but I'm not going to tell him.
GM: Why not?
If I was the GM, I would probably use response one (as has been repeatedly noted, players can forget stuff their characters wouldn't) but I don't know about two and three, they seem a bit like unnecessary hand-holding to me. Yes, the players should make informed decisions, but they should also be free to make mistakes. Though I suppose it might come down to who the players were and the specifics of the situation.