Quote Originally Posted by Gnaeus View Post
I love dips. They are one of the best things about 3.PF and absolutely to be encouraged. Its like picking out the right lego to fit in your spaceship, you are a worse builder if you don't do it. There does not need to be any RP difference between Oracle X and Oracle x-1, Monk 1.
I like class based RPGs because classes are meant to represent the character. Sure, you could use the lego analogy. The way I see it is as if you got the right pieces for the spaceship, but completely ignore the aesthetics and it's a jumbled mess of rainbow colors. Sure, you can justify it after the fact just like you can justify anything, but it just rings hollow to me. If the AC bonuses stacked, the real reason for that oracle/scaled fist dip is because you wanted that AC bonus, not because you wanted to be an oracle/monk multiclass. It's the same reason druids and other shapeshifters dip monk. They mechanically synergize, but they don't actually want to play a lawful neutral druid monk. They just want to be a better shapeshifter. Honestly it would be better represented by simply making an archetype that supports that.