Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
Wighard is well aware that everyone will realise our arrival here spells trouble for someone and there is no point pretending otherwise hence the Casablanca reference
As long as you take care in Mousillon - there are wultures; wultures everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by wilphe View Post
21/6/22
Arcane Lore (Order of Aetius the Bright) CC

20/7/22
Animal Care CC

16/9/22
+1 Magic CC

31/10/22
Command CC

18/12/22
Petty Magic Hedge CC

15/3/23
Banish
Illuminate the Edifice

23/5/23
Lesser magic (Bind)

2/8/23
Dodge Blow CC
Light's Demand

18/4/24
Lesser Magic - Shadowblood

Well that's Wighard's list of out of career buys

Magic and the Arcane Lore were part of the story agreement with Bramble to reflect the unusual aspect of his promotion (and it will be up to discuss if you want to to keep that going if he takes another non-magic career next)

Most of the rest are Extra spells (which aren't in any career anyway) and Lesser magics and I don't regard 100XP for one spell as unreasonable

Getting Petty Magic Hedge was part of his bond with Siobhan and setting up his task for Manaan

The three CC skills were all RPed out:

Animal Care as pre-Req for Familiar

Command because he was issuing orders post-battle

Dodge Blow because by that point it would be stupid not to given the amount of fights we've got into

Does this work for you, because under the model you've proposed he would get those 300XP back

I will think on weapons later, for the moment I will only say that Tiring is dumb
No issues with the Magic +1 buy. Presumably at some point you will advance up the wizard track again and at that point, it's just an advance you took early. Same with Hedge magic. Generally I don't think talents and attributes should be available cross class outside of special circumstances but I'm not super interested to excavate the last few years of character advancement to conform to my new whims, and also I think those are, as you say, justified by their circumstances. Spells are fine too; as long as we collaborate about the research of such spells and whether it's realistic to have done so and acheived it, that's good for me.

Now, as for the skills.

Animal Care: You've been doktor wenig tun for a while now. I'm satisfied with this. Take your 100XP rebate.
Command: You'll have a situation not too far in the future where you'll have a chance to do some commanding. When that happens, you'll get your rebate for that purchase.
Dodge: It's true, he's been learning dodge the hard way. Still - if you can give me a little RP scene polishing up your footwork with one of your companions who has more extensive in-career combat training, you'll earn this rebate. Next time the party beds down for the evening will be fine.

And yes, Tiring is dumb. A bunch of the rules are dumb; but I'm trying to restrain myself with this overhaul because WFRP is simulating an aesthetic rather than period accuracy. The idea that a fellow with a rapier can reasonably parry a zweihander at all is laughable; but the fantasy aesthetic is big-slow-weapon-do-more-damage and little-fast-weapon-more-defensive and that's about as deep as it goes. I'm resisting the urge to uproot the whole thing mid campaign, but I definitely want to do something that makes Best Quality Weapons more diversely rewarding, Great Weapons worth considering, and Good Quality Weapons worth considering.