Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
I've generally been OK with DMM. Worse comes to worst you can always DMM spells to the party's benefit rather than druidzillaing yourself if you are consistently overdoing them. As is usually the case with tier 1 casters, it's as much up to the player as it is to the DM to not play their caster as OP as they can possibly be.
Yeah, I'll try different things out and adapt as necessary. I was mostly looking at Divine Metamagic as a way to Quicken or Empower spells rather than extending or persisting them.

Wildshaping into a dire hippo and casting Nature's Avatar and Bite of the Werebear on myself sounds impressive on paper but while it doesn't require any metamagic (because spells last ages at this level) I won't actually know if spending an entire turn on selfish buffs is really going to work. That'll depend on the rest of the party and how quickly things die. It may turn out that Druidzillaing is too slow and I'm better off dropping an empowered Tsunami or something instead.

Either way I'll keep things sensible as best I can. I'm already avoiding dinosaurs completely because it doesn't really make sense that she'd even know what a dinosaur is let alone have one as an animal companion, so it's a convenient excuse for no venomfire fleshraker nonsense.