Presumably at some point you will advance up the wizard track again and at that point, it's just an advance you took early.

He's probably going to dip Killer of the Dead (and not bother with BS because he knows he will probably lose an eye at some point and I can't afford the XP diversion) then go Journeyman into Master Vigilant

Plot may of course intervene, as does your understanding of wizardly hierarchies (do all Master Wizards have to have taken the Master Wizard career)

His shortest route to Guild Master for example would be through Physician...

There are six ongoing themes:

1) He's practically and eclectically trained rather than relying on academic and book knowledge for both Medicine and Magic

2) His lack of formal training contributed to his imposter syndrome about being tested or set up to fail by by giving power he couldn't handle. He's mostly over that.

3) My realisation that the Light College is actually the best gish College and seeing where that takes him. It makes him a good choice for Master Vigilant whilst also making him a source of concern for other wizards who generally don't have to face spellcasters who are also a melee threat

4) His original spell list was custom designed to not have much in the way of combat utility except for the one spell beyond the capacity of almost all magic users and gets you in huge trouble in most use cases. So he's expanded it for stuff that is useful.

5) He wants to take his order out from under the Light College and go independent, preferably with Imperial Immediacy. This will take a lot of money and politics, but being too scary for other wizards to want to stop him will certainly help.
Also this means he and Siobhan are prototypes for careers in an organisation that doesn't exist yet.

6) Whatever Morr has planned, because it is more or less confirmed by Kwolf that the Raven Lord has recruited him to do things his clergy and knights cannot because they are bound by their oaths. Depends how you want to explore this, I was going with the concept of "Elect" because "Chosen" was taken by some other campaign setting entirely and means something different there.