View Single Post

Thread: OOTS #1301 - The Discussion Thread

1. - Top - End - #445
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Default Re: OOTS #1301 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by gbaji View Post
    If it was imposed on them, it would be evil. But if they volunteered for this service after death it is neither evil nor good. It's someone making their own choice.

The paladins presuambly willingly bound their own souls to service. Soon did not force or trick them. That's self sacrifice. Nothing there that would violate a lawful good alignment at all.
    Well, I think that is strongly not good. There are laws against abusive contracts. And people who sing a contract with the devil is also making their own choice.

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    Ghost Martyr

A martyr dies for his faith. That's just a regular martyr. There is no reason to add Ghost because we already know that martyrs are dead.

Ghost Martyrs don't sacrifice their lives, they sacrifice their afterlives, which makes them different from regular martyrs. That's why they need a special name.

Feel free to disagree. I have nothing to prove my head canon is better than yours.
    Well, I think a ghost martyr is just the ghost of a martyr. All martyrs are dead, but not all dead people are ghosts.
    Last edited by Vikenlugaid; 2024-05-03 at 07:29 PM.